Thursday, February 14, 2008

Minnesota Poem

My BIL sent this to me and I thought it describes MN winters so well. LOL, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. This would work on some of those snowy pages no matter what state you are in that gets snow and freezing temps. I am saving this to go into one of my scrapbooks. Thinking one of the kids making a snowman maybe or snow angels.

It's winter in Minnesota
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Minnesota
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Minnesota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

Just had to share that, hope all you enjoyed my BIL's sense of humor!
Angel Hugs

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I just LOVE this poem. I'm going to have to use it on a card to send to my cousin in Arizona

Anonymous said...

Got to love it! How true this poem has been for us Minnesotans this year!